Nutanix Move (Move) is a cross-hypervisor mobility solution to move VMs with minimal downtime. Move supports migration from the following sources to targets, where first platform being the source and second platform being the target.
- VMware ESXi to Nutanix Clusters on AWS and VMware ESXi to AHV
- VMware ESXi on legacy infrastructure to VMware ESXi on Nutanix
- Microsoft Hyper-V to Nutanix Clusters on AWS and Microsoft Hyper-V to AHV
- Microsoft Hyper-V to VMware ESXi on Nutanix
- AWS EC2 to Nutanix Clusters on AWS and AWS EC2 to AHV
- AWS EC2 to VMware ESXi on Nutanix
- Microsoft Azure to AHV
- Microsoft Azure to VMware ESXi on Nutanix
- Nutanix AHV to Nutanix AHV (New)
- Nutanix AHV to AWS EC2 (New)
- Nutanix AHV to Microsoft Azure (New)
What’s New in release 4.5.0:
- General Availability of Migrations from AHV to AWS
- Support for migrations from AHV to AHV (Technical Preview)
- Support for migrations from AHV to Microsoft Azure (Technical Preview)
- New Hyper-V version supported: Hyper-V 2022 standalone host
- Permission Separation for source and target for Azure and AWS Providers
- While adding AWS or Azure as provider, if you have provider permission for one of either source or target, and missing for the other, the provider will be added and Move notifies you about the missing permission.
- UI changes when creating a migration plan
- UI support for selecting VM settings and In-Guest options at VM level.
- New OS supported for ESXi to AHV and Hyper-V to AHV migrations
- OEL 8.1 is now supported.
- Upgrade to Move 4.5.0
- Move can be upgraded to version 4.5.0 from the Move versions 4.3.0 and 4.4.0.
Presales Consultant with more than 10 years of experience, supports our partners by understanding customer needs, presenting and demonstrating our vendors’ products and helping in deal closing.